Jobs for Drivers and Mechanics
Update: 4/25/2017 3:00 p.m.
How To Post: Send job postings to Courtney Orozco at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let her know when a position has been filled. Postings can remain for up to 6 months.
#17-500 - Electrician - Lhoist North America - Natividad Plant - Salinas, CA (added 1/17/17)
POSITION SUMMARY: To perform electrical and instrumentation inspections, repairs and rebuilds on all plant operating equipment to ensure continuous operation within the required quality control standards. This role is critical to achieving Plant OEE and Equipment Availability goals by elimination of unplanned stops and extended downtimes. Incumbents in the position are required to participate in company-sponsored training and certification programs to ensure that their job knowledge and skills meet evolving company standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Must comply with company, state and governmental health and safety regulations at all times
- Must complete and document Workplace Inspections in a timely manner
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance checks and report findings (both verbally and in writing)
- Must participate in the work order initiation process when required
- Must ensure all inventory parts are correctly charged from Stores and assist with procurement of parts used as per LNA procedures
- Must possess a good knowledge of power distribution systems
- Must be able to perform low voltage and high voltage terminations
- Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn performing maintenance on switchgear up to 2300 volts.
- Must have knowledge of low, medium and high voltage switching applications.
- Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn motor ground testing and record keeping in Microsoft Excel.
- Must have experience with Windows OS and Microsoft Office programs. AutoCAD and SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn troubleshooting and maintaining all types of motor control circuits.
- Must be able to perform basic electrical calculations
- Must be able to perform tasks with all electrical test equipment (volt meters, meggers, current generators, loop calibrators, etc)
- Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn to fabricate and install conduit
- Must be able to perform soldering operations
- Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn to test, troubleshoot and repair AC/DC motors and drives
- Must be able to install and align electrical motors
- Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn to troubleshoot and maintain air dryers
- Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn to calibrate, troubleshoot and maintain belt-weighing devices
- Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn to maintain and replace process control circuits including control valves, actuators and positioners
- Should possess some knowledge of the CMMS System and be willing to correctly complete work orders and checklist including signing and dating
- Must be familiar with thermography and fully understand the uses
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
- Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be on-call, or work seven days a week, if needed.
- Must be able to multi task with a strong sense of urgency to meet the customer needs.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and take instructions from management and co-workers.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must possess the basic reading and math skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills on how to use MS Office products and SAP.
- Strong record of attendance reliability.
- Must know, understand and observe all department and plant safety rules and maintain a high level of housekeeping in assigned work areas.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job duties required of this job.
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all plant locations.
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 150 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
- Will be working at times in covered environment but mainly in a lime/mineral environment.
- The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Lime/Mineral Particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Ability to occasionally lift/carry 50 pounds.
Required Experience: 5 to 7 years electrical experience. Completion of an apprenticeship program, technical program, or equivalent experience in industrial background.
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Associates Degree or Certificate in industrial electrical technology.
To Apply: Please visit http://www.lhoist.com/people-careers
4/25/17 3:00 p.m.
How To Post:
Send job postings to Courtney Orozco at email@example.com. Let her know when a position has been filled. Postings can remain for up to 6 months.